VNI research supervisors are experienced in the sophisticated application of BluAgile Research Design & Methodology.
VNI facilitates the entire research design and methodology activity across both qualitative and quantitative research types, including mixed-method and triangulation. VNI can assist you in formulating theoretical and conceptual research frameworks.
The difference between qualitative and quantitative research:
- Methods include focus groups, in-depth interviews, and reviews of documents for types of themes
- Primarily inductive process used to formulate theory or answer problem statements
- More subjective: describes a problem or condition from the point of view of those experiencing it
- More in-depth information on a few cases
- Unstructured or semi-structured response options
- No statistical tests
- Can be valid and reliable: largely depends on the skill and rigour of the researcher
- Time expenditure lighter on the planning end and heavier during the analysis phase
- Less generalisable
- Surveys, structured interviews & observations, and reviews of records or documents for numeric information
- Primarily deductive process used to test pre-specified concepts, constructs, and hypotheses that make up a theory
- More objective: provides observed effects (interpreted by researchers) of a program on a problem or condition
- Less in-depth but more breadth of information across a large number of cases
- Fixed response options
- Statistical tests are used for analysis
- Can be valid and reliable: largely depends on the measurement device or instrument used
- Time expenditure heavier on the planning phase and lighter on the analysis phase
- More generalisable
What is ATLAS.ti?
Sophisticated tools help you to arrange, reassemble, and manage your material in creative, yet systematic ways. ATLAS.ti keeps you focused on the material itself. Whether your field is anthropology, economics, criminology, or medicine: ATLAS.ti will meet your qualitative analysis needs!
- Supports multiple media types
- Enables great depth of material exploration
- Language support
- Collaborative workflow
- Great documentation